- 2016 marks 50 years since the establishment of AVTOVAZ OJSC, which has produced about 18 million vehicles during that period. The plant capacity is around 1 million cars per year. The investment program up to 2020 amounts to about 4.5 billion euro. In 2015, the production of new cars LADA VESTA and LADA XRAY was launched.
- GM-AVTOVAZ CJSC manufactures sport utility vehicle Chevrolet NIVA. The plant capacity is 75 000 cars per year. The company continues implementing the project "Chevrolet NIVA New". Its completion requires investments in the amount of 200 million euro.
- During 2015 and 2016, 4 automotive components enterprises were launched on the territory of Togliatti SEZ:
- HI-LEX RUS LLC (Japan) manufactures transmission cables, hood lock release cables, and comp-fuel lid opener cables;
- ATSUMITEC TOYOTA TSUSE RUS LLC (Japan) manufactures gear selection drives for manual and automatic transmission;
- CIE AUTOMOTIVE RUS LLC (Spain) manufactures cast aluminum automotive engine parts;
- EDSCHA TOGLIATTI LLC (Germany) manufactures hinges of doors, hoods, trunks, as well as door stops and hand brake levers.
- In 2015, Robert Bosch group plant was opened on the territory of Preobrazhenka Industrial Park. The enterprise manufactures ESP electronic stability systems, and its capacities allow production up to 1 million units per year.